A tummy tuck can be an ideal solution for people who need a little help achieving a flatter stomach area when all other methods have failed. However, it should not be forgotten that a tummy tuck is also a major surgical procedure which incurs significant cost. It therefore should not be undertaken lightly.
The costs of a tummy tuck are influenced by many factors:
• The prominence and reputation of your surgeon. If s/he is popular and highly sought after, you can expect to pay more
• The location of your surgeon – you may pay more in a larger city than a small one
• The extent of your surgery: how much skin and fat are you having removed? Are you having a mini tummy tuck, a standard one or an extended tummy tuck?
The average cost of the procedure can be anywhere between $3,000 – $10,000 and you should do your research carefully. The internet is useful for this but you should also call around different surgeons in your area and compare prices. You need to be satisfied that you have the right surgeon at the right price for you. You could also ask if there are any medical financing options available, if that is relevant to your situation. Also should check whether the way your pay for your surgery affects the costs.
Bear in mind that you will have to pay a deposit to secure a surgery date with the surgeon and pay the balance just prior to surgery (however it is financed). Check if the price is all-inclusive or the surgery may also incur other miscellaneous costs, for example:
• The initial consultation
• Anesthesia and other pain control medication
• Additional staff
• Operating room costs (i.e. surgical instrument sterilization)
• Hospital clothing and food
Whatever the cost, make sure you find yourself a qualified, reputable plastic surgeon to perform the procedure for you as you need to be comfortable with them, and confident in their ability to achieve the best result for you.