One of the more intensive and invasive procedures in plastic surgery, an abdominoplasty is also a successful solution for you if you are experiencing much trouble losing fat around your belly with diet or a workout plan.
The reality is that an abdominoplasty procedure, more commonly known as a tummy tuck, can help tighten the abdomen and regain elasticity in your midsection. The basic idea behind the procedure is to remove excessive fat through incisions made at your hipbone.
Tummy tucks are not meant to be an alternative for a healthy lifestyle, but meant to boost your confidence and self-esteem by helping you retain a more balanced body shape.
But How Much Does it Cost?
Now, don’t get the wrong idea. Determining an exact cost for an abdominoplasty can only be done between you and your surgeon during your consultations. Many factors play a significant role in this process.
Let’s break it down:
- Your surgeon’s fee will depend on their skill level, experience and reputation. A surgeon with less certification will offer a lower fee, but more risks may be involved.
- The surgeon’s location plays a factor, as greater demand of service and higher overhead fees are all added into the cost of your surgery.
- To what degree is your tummy tuck surgery? Cost will rely specifically on the amount of fat that needs to be broken down and removed.
- Is your abdominoplasty part of a combination of surgeries? Are you getting a breast augmentation or a type of facial plastic surgery? Each additional procedure will add to the payment.
- The type of tummy tuck surgery also plays a significant role in determining cost. Are you getting a full tummy tuck or a mini tummy tuck?
Let’s take another look. Basically, what you can expect in dollar value, on average:
- Surgeon’s fee: $4,000 – $7,000
- Anesthesia fee: $425 – $1,800
- Facility fee: $1,200 – $10,000 (depending on length of stay)
- Additional fees: $350 – $1,000 (these can include preoperative tests and postoperative medications and compression garments)
What you are looking at is somewhere in the area of $7,000 – $20,000. Remember, all these considerations will be discussed between you and your surgeon and together you can find the right solution for you.
Highly skilled surgeons practice their craft in top-class hospitals in countries such as Costa Rica. These offer many bonuses. Not only do you travel to an exotic locale for your surgery, but these hospitals also come equipped with trained medical aides who are there to take care of you after your surgery.
Furthermore, in the USA, surgeons pay hefty insurance fees, which are reflected in the cost of your surgery. These don’t exist in Costa Rica and some customers find the total cost of their surgery is just half of what they would pay back home.
The Best Surgeon For You
Needless to say, just as each plastic surgery and tummy tuck procedure is unlike any other, finding a surgeon can be just as a unique task.
Make certain you pay a significant amount of time into finding someone who will understand all your needs, emotional, physical and financial